Monday, July 17, 2006

One week down



Last Monday was my ONE YEAR SMOKE FREE day. So in honor of me quitting smoking for one year, I decided to use that date to start my HEALTHY EATING. I am going to drop the weight that I gained when I quit smoking if it kills me. So after a week here is what I learned. I replaced nicotene with carbs. I love carbs, and not eating them is hard. I mean extremely hard. My neighbor gave me a Curves book that she bought when she joined and not that I am dieting or following that plan, but I just sat down and read it. I am a carb junkie, addict, dependant. I have learned in a week that finding good to eat, inexpensive, low carb foods is hard. I will not be measuring my weight loss by pounds but rather by the size of my clothes. So I will be giving updates and would appreciate all the prayers that you can send. This is a total mind transformation and laying down of myself to Christ and being submissive to His will.
It is no wonder that we as a country are so out of control with our weight when it is cheaper and more convienent to swing by McDonalds and get a Big Mac and SUPERSIZED fries than it is to eat healthy.
Update on how I feel. I feel good. I can tell in my clothes and how they fit that I am losing weight already. Lots of water and lots of chicken and broccoli. Cucumbers and salads. I am not holding back if I feel I want something, just controlling my portions. It feels good, and I don't have near the cravings for those nasty carbs now as I did one week ago. That in itself feels great. I will upload photos from the weekend.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welll I give you a big hug for quitting smoking - been there and I KNOW how hard it is!!! Good for you for deciding to eat healthier and drop some pounds. I will pray for you because I am trying to do the same thing. Just eating HEALTHIER and cutting out the "bad carbs" and junk food and most fast foods.

WE CAN DO IT!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Barbie said...

I am right there with you! Praying for you {{{}}}

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home