Friday, November 10, 2006

Psalm 16:1

Psalm 16:1

Preserve me, O God, for in You I put my trust.

Some people touring a mint where coins are made come to the smelting area. As they stood before the cauldrons filled with molten metal, the tour guide explained that if a person were to dip his hand into water and them have someone pour the hot liquid over his hand, he would neither be injured not feel any pain. Picking out one couple, he asked if they would like to prove what he had just said. "No thank you," the husband quickly said. "I'll take your word for it." But his wife responded eagerly. "Sure, I'll give it a try." Matching actions to her words, she thrust her hand into a bucket of water and then held it out as the molten metal was poured over it. The hot liquid rolled off harmlessly just as the guide had said it would. The host turned to the husband and remarked, "Sir, you claimed to believe what I said. But your wife truly trusted."

If we only claim to believe God's promises but never act on them, we will miss out on His marvelous blessings.

Richard W. De Haan

3 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

True true!

11:58 AM  
Blogger paulmerrill said...

God often calls us to trust Him through stuff we can't understand.

Often? Usually.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Loner said...

I love that story - I think that is why they call it a leap of faith - has to be an action to demonstrate the true belief.

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home