Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Daddy's Little Girl

Today on my way to work my dad came to my mind. My heart aches at how I have made bad choices in life that have hurt and disappointed him. When I was younger the sun would rise and set with my dad. A disappointing look on his face would hurt me more than any punishment he could have given me.
I thought of him this morning because I rarely heard him say "I love you", I just always knew he did.
I tell my boys every time they leave or I leave, or we talk on the phone. I don't ever want them to feel like they could lose my love, ever.
I am so thankful to God that I have the dad I have, and want him to know how appreciative I am that he made the sacrifices he did for me.

I love you dad~

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was really touching. I've missed reading your blog. I want to get back here more often!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

So have you told him??

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was 46 or so when I finally forgave my dad for being a bad father. I had looked forward to the death of my parents. Fortunately God had other plans. The past six years have been a gift as I have enjoyed time with my parents without the bitterness which tainted every moment of my relationship with them prior to that. Now I can actually look forward to spending time with them, something which puzzles my brother.

I also remember six years ago when I realized how much I had done to crush the spirits of my sons, in part because of the anger I felt at how I was raised. Not a logical reaction, but being part of a family is seldom about logic.

Fortunately I was able to take corrective action, and my sons are now confident in my love for them. They know that I am a deeply flawed individual, but they have no doubt that I have changed, and that I love them. I am grateful to God that He allowed life to crumble around me in time, before too much damage had been done to these awesome young men.

Pardon me for spilling so freely here, but your post filled me with gratitude for what God has done in my life.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

This is very sweet. Does your dad know you love him so much?

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home