Friday, November 23, 2007

The Results, treatment, the wedding and Thanksgiving

Well the results from the biopsy are back. Cervical cancer is the diagnosis and a hysterectomy is the treatment. Mid December I will have the surgery. Have a mentioned how much I hate hospitals? The oncologist says that chemo and radiation will not be needed after the surgery so God has yet again poured blessings upon me that I just don't deserve. What an awesome God we serve!!!!
My niece, Katie, got married last weekend! She was the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. Not that I am at all biast, as she is like a daughter to me. Her husband is set to deploy to Iraq in a couple of months and he is just a wonderful man. I am so proud of them both.


Thanksgiving is such a great time of year. I am thankful that I serve a loving God, who sent His only Son to create a pathway to Him, to an eternal home. I am thankful this year that my God allows people to stand in the gap and pray, pray to change hearts and pray to change a sting of events that are not God's will.

We went to Bill's mom and had dinner at noon yesterday and then went to his niece Charity's house after that. Charity has bought a beautiful new home that was big enough for all that family. Which included a total of 9 kids and 16 adults. Every year we go around and tell what we are thankful for. Every year I cry. This year was especially emotional. Dalton volunteered to start and the very first thing he gave thanks for was God followed up by being thankful for "all the great looking food". We all just giggled. Next was Justin and Betsy and then me. I may have well have just cried and not said a word. I am thankful for so many things this year. Thankful that God changes hearts, thankful that while Bill was in prison, I stood my ground, moved on with life and filed for divorce. Thankful that Bill realized his ways don't work and living a Christ centered life is more important than a self centered life. Thankful that we stayed together and stopped the divorce, living a testimony that is a powerful showing of Christ's love. Thankful that the diagnosis of cancer is a curable one. Thankful that even if things don't go as the doctor's plan, I know that my eternal home is with a Loving God whose chose ME!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so touched by your words tonight that I cried like a baby. God bless you!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home