Saturday, November 10, 2007

Surgery is over

About a month ago I went to the OBGYN for a check up, which I haven't done for about 6 years. I know, I know... bad girl~ When I went 6 years ago they discovered that I had two fibroid tumors and the only way to guarantee that they would be gone and not come back was to do a hysterectomy. Which at the age of 26 was out of the question for me. So in true Sarah fashion, I just stuck my head in the sand like an ostrich and ignored the situation. Life got busy and I just didn't deal with it.
Well over the last six months, my monthly visitor, we'll call her Flo, became MUCH more painful, longer and extremely heavy. Back to the doctor I went. The pap smear came back with abnormal cells, another ultra sound showed the tumors still there, no bigger than they were before, thank the Lord, and my uterus was larger than it should be. Biopsy's were done and surgery scheduled. The results from the first biopsy's were that the abnormal cells are precancerous. So yesterday I went to the hospital and had a cold cone biopsy to remove the abnormal cells and a procedure called Nova Sure to take care of the uterus. Everything was scheduled and happened so fast I barely knew what was going on.
Soooo..... I am resting and relaxing this weekend. Taking it easy and enjoying being pampered.

Updates on everyone else.

Boys are doing well in school. Blake is done with football and on to basketball. Tyler didn't do so well this 9 weeks, so his social life is on hold. Dalton did well and surprisingly has settled down in school a little this year.
Bill is doing great. Back to work and I can see a true heart change this time. He has always been all about Bill before and it is not like that any more. He has truly but me and the boys first now. Which is hard for me to accept. I am used to doing everything around the house, and now I don't have to, and he doesn't let me.
Bill is working, going to counseling and we have filed a notice to reconcile with the court. Which feels great. I hate divorce, hate it. Didn't want to do it. And glad that he has changed his heart, surrendered to the Lord and is doing what is right. We were officially together for a decade on the 8th. I told him last night that I am glad that after 10 years, I love him and am still in love with him. I fall in love with him all over again nearly everyday. I am thankful that my Lord is a giving, loving Lord and has blessed me with a soul mate, and a best friend. Despite Bill's downfalls, I love him. Nothing will change that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Larissa said...

Thanks Sarah! I'm encouraged by others like you who have been through hard times as well and tell about it. Thanks for commenting, really. It means a lot!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Hi Sweetie,
I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well and that you are happy. :)

Hugs to you all!

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO this is NOT a hystorectomy ??

I had one and it was so painful.

I will put you on my prayer list.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home