Thursday, July 20, 2006

Look at the Progress


We have lived in our home for 2 1/2 years and have not had a place to set up the kitchen table since we moved in. My kitchen is very small and there is no dining room, so when I moved in we set up the kitchen table in the basement for me to fold laundry on. I grew up eating in our living room and I hate that, so I want to raise my kids to sit around a table and talk and enjoy dinners as a family. So I took action this week.

Ever since my mom moved out the upstairs of my house has been empty. Not anymore. I moved the TV, stereo, VCR and DVD player upstairs, moved the couch in the living room and brought my kitchen table up from the basement. And look at the great results. I love it. No TV, and a great place to gather.
TODAY I PRAISE THE LORD FOR THE KITCHEN TABLE. (I think that Smores does too, naughty cat)














And a great game of Chutes and Ladders.

3 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

This post just made me happy...my kids are grown now and what I wouldn't give to have those dinner table times back....ENJOY

11:02 AM  
Blogger Barbie said...

Looks good!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! It looks great and will be a place to create memories!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home