Thursday, June 26, 2008

OK, not so great at updating!

Well, let me tell you what has been going on.

The Wednesday and Thursday after Memorial Day I went to Texas. Yep, that's right, Texas. It was a work trip and we (Tom, Patti, Alan and I) went to meet with 3 clients and one of the installer's that we work with (who I love). My boss picked me up at my house at 5 in the morning, we picked Alan up at his house, drove to Valporaiso to pick Tom up and headed to Midway Airport in Chicago. Flew to Kansas City, got off that plane, got onto another plane and flew to Love Field Airport in Dallas. I love Dallas and I love traveling with Tom, Patti and Alan. We immediately went to lunch with 2 wonderful woman who work at Fossil. We ate at Abuelo's. The food was awesome (TexMex) yummy. Then we went to GameStop's corporate headquaters in Grapevine, they are my main client and I love them too. They are so laid back, fun and hilarious. We took them out to eat at Ferrarri's (Italian) and it was incredible. We got to kick back, talk and relax with them. It was so much fun. I tried Calamari or fish bait as I now call it. It was about 8:30 by the time we left and we headed to Stonebriar Mall in Frisco to check out a Fossil sign that we are getting ready to make. It was almost 11 by the time we got back to the hotel, got up at 5 the next morning, ate breakfast and left to see another client, Paciugo. On the way to meet with them we passed the Mary Kay corporate office. It was very exciting for me because my mom sold Mary Kay while I was growing up and I know she had been there before, dorky, but I was excited nonetheless. We met with the owner of Paciugo very briefly and set off to meet with my beloved Zeke. He is an installer who we have worked with for a long time and he is so sweet and just adorable. Their office is in Mesquite and is beautiful. From there we went to Fossil's corporate office in Richardson and met with the group of project manager's that we work with. That building is absolutely amazing. From there we headed back to the airport. We were so busy on the trip, I never even got my camera out of the case (gasp). Can you believe that? I always take pictures.
We boarded the plane, landed in Kansas City, and we were supposed to stay on the plane. They had mechanical difficulties with the plane we were on and had to switch planes, so after a layover, we boarded another plane and headed for Chicago. I got home at about 10 that night and I think it took about 3 days for me to feel human again.
The next week, my mom had another seizure and was admitted to the hospital. The tumor in her brain shrank, popped a blood vessel, and due to the pressure fromt he blood had another seizure. Good news, the tumor shrank, bad news, double the seizure medicine. She was released and has since been back to the hospital to have her gull bladder out, it was full of stones and causing her to be very sick. She is out now and takes one week of preventive chemo a month. YEAH!
Fast forward, through ball games, work,and life as a single mom to this last weekend. We discovered that Tyler is highly allerigic to Poison Ivy, Poison Oak and Poison Sumac. We found out the hard way. He woke up Saturday morning with a slightly swelled eye and lip. After a short while he looked like he went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson. Swelled, blistered and in lots of pain. I called the doctor who is awesome and met us at his office only to give Tyler two shots of Cortizone and two shots of Prednisone, along with a prescription for Trioxolene cream and Prednisone pills. He must have walked through the smoke of one of the three being burned because he doesn't have it on his hands or arms. Just his face and neck, in his mouth and nose. His ear looked horrible and the blisters kept popping and seeping. I felt so bad for him, the prednisone makes it so he can't sleep and so on top of being in pain and itching, he can't sleep. Poor thing. He finally looks himself today and has slept a lot today. In true fashion of being a mean mom, I took his picture. HE HE!


Soccer is over and baseball will be over this weekend and hopefully life will settle down a little and then maybe mom can get some much needed rest. I miss my husband and don't ever sleep well when he is not here. My heart just hurts and this time is much harder on both of us. Pray that God's will be done, no matter what that is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home