Sunday, October 05, 2008

Love it when I get deals

When I was young my mom would go to the store every Sunday morning, buy papers and get coupons! She had a metal box sorted by category that held all of her trusted coupons. That metal box saw more trips to various stores than I did. I am so blessed that my mom taught me how to cut coupons, she would even let me help cut them when I was younger. THANK YOU MOM FOR TEACHING ME THE VALUE OF A COUPON. I used to be very diligent cutting coupons and over the years time got short and coupons became extinct in my house.

I stumbled upon a website that just plain inspired me to start again!

http://dietzelfamily.blogspot.com/search/label/Coupon%20Shopper



So with the inspiration and just my paycheck to support us, coupons are back!

Here is what I got yesterday at K-mart (who was doubling coupons up to $2.00) are you ready....... for $1.83!!!!!!!!!!!!!



1 bottle of Fantastic Clean and Shine
1 bottle of Gillette Fushion Shaving Gel
2 cans of Oust Air Sanitizer
4 cans of Glade Air Freshener
2 bottles of Suave Shampoo
2 bottles of Suave Conditioner
2 bottles of Gillette body wash
2 bottles of Gillette Shampoo
1 bottle of Act mouthwash
2 tubes of Colgate toothpaste
2 tubes of Crest Kids toothpaste
1 Suave deodorant
2 bottles of Advil PM
1 bottle of Covergirl foundation (sorry mom, it's not Mary Kay)
1 container of Cover Girl eyeshadow

I did not get the youngster in the picture at K-mart, he was hand chosen by God to be there ;-) he was so proud of mama for saving $78.00 dollars at the store that he said we should go to Build-a-Bear to celebrate..... sneaky isn't he???

So... did I NEED all of this stuff... NO, but why not get while the gettin is good :-)

5 Comments:

Blogger Jessica D. said...

You Go girl. Just stopped by to see what you saved. You did great. Ya you don't need all that stuff. But you can always be a blessing to someone else. Doesn't it feel great to save money!! You did better at K-Mart than I did. Our K-Mart is expensive. They had better prices at Kroger and Kroger is expensive. That is unless you buy on sale and use coupons LOL!!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Cherryl said...

I am so proud of you! You may not need all of that now, but at some time you will be out of something and can just go to the cupboard and there is a replacement. I need to start using coupons again, especially with Dave laid off for four months this winter. But you get a gold start for that shopping trip.
Love, Mom

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know where you get your coupons, but I find that they are not worth it in my paper. I will check out the website.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Jessica D. said...

Hey, Sarah

Just wanted to say thanks for following me!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Be Thou Exalted said...

Wow, that's some great deals!! Our Kmart wasn't doing the double coupons. Thanks for stopping by my blog. ECB's are Extra Care Bucks given by CVS on your receipt, they are like money off your next purchase. The print on the bottom of your receipt and you cut them off and use them like coupons. Feel free to ask if you have any other coupons.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home