Thursday, May 04, 2006

Bum Magnet

On Sunday, I received a phone call from a man (Tom) who was in jail with my husband last year. He was calling to see how he was. After the initial shock he took, he talked to me about how he has given His life to the Lord, and he is changing his ways. Well, yesterday I got a letter from him, with his picture in it. I was flattered and then annoyed. Can someone tell me, in the picture below does my forhead say Bum Magnet. I am glad that this man feels a "connection" to me, but I am not looking to have a relationship of any kind with another addict for a long while.
I know that is selfish, yet I have lots of healing to do, and will not be a very encouraging spiritual partner to any addict right now. So tell me if that is rude.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

Ain't rude.....what's wrong with boundaries?? You're not judging him right??, just saying no me, not now, no thank you ...right??

10:32 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Definately not judging... I am in love with an addict... no me...not NOW...No Thank You.... exactly...

11:13 AM  
Blogger Loner said...

I vote with the other gals - just say thanks but no thnaks. I used to say " I am not dating anyone right now, I am focusing my energy on raising my kids right now, but thanks"

1:18 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

sweetheart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO IT IS NOT RUDE IT IS SO, SO, SO SMART!!!!

Here is a rule of thumb I wish I lived by. I don't have a daughter, but if I did I would ask myself "would I want my daugther dating this man?" I have to stop and think for more than a second, then the answer is NO! Don't date anyone unless he is someone that is going to ADD to you and your growth as a person, not TAKE from it. Don't be flattered, run. Sorry to seem so pushy, if you read my blog I think you know I am speaking from experience and the pain I have to go through for getting hooked up with the wrong guys is so NOT WORTH IT! You do not need to even give him an explanation. Don't get inolved! If he wants help he can find it - its everywhere (12 Steps). Sorry again. I just feel strongly. Email me if you want.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home