Wednesday, May 03, 2006

We Live and We Learn (well some of us)


OK! I will let you all in on a little secret. Did you know that your Achilles tendon actually runs around the bottom of your heal? I didn't either until yesterday, while at the doctor because I tore mine, right behind the arch of my foot on the bottom. Yep, that's right, on my heal. So in about 3-4 weeks when that heals, I will be doing the exercises shown in the picture on the left. AARRRGGGHHH. The doctor actually said, "well you know that you are no spring chicken anymore". To which I blankly looked at him and said "I am not dead, therefore I play". Long story short, I am out of commission for a while. Doc says 3-4 weeks, I say 1-2.

On to the afternoon. I got a $100 check for child support the other day, and after I regained conscienceness I decided that I was going to use it to get my hair cut. Now, I know that is not what the money is for, but you have to understand that I have not had a hair cut for over a year and a half. I simply haven't had the money, and to save money on haircuts, I bought a set of clippers and I cut the boys hair myself, and well I just don't get mine cut. Not even a trim. So I went yesterday and let this amazingly patient woman cut my hair. I work with her husband and another woman in the office had gone to her and highly recommended her. Long hair short, (long story short HE HE) she had to cut about 6-7 inches off the get it back to the healthy part. So now my hair hangs about 5 inches past the shoulders and is cute as a button (well at least when she did it). She cut and layered and thinned and it was great. Just the little pick me up I needed yesterday.
We had our first softball game last night (I play on the church league, well for the next couple weeks now I cheer for them). We played a team the only team that we have not beaten ever. Let me tell you, the selfish, competitive player that I am was praying for a win. I keep the scorebook for the team last night, which was good because it kept me from jumping up and down. The game was a close one and we lost by one run in extra innings. 14-13. It was a victory for our team, as we have never given Bertrand Bible such a good game. The Lord blesses above and beyond what we ask for. He is good, always.
So now that I am laid up and the boys have been hand over fist offering assistance around the house, I may concentrate on my writing.
I have this scripture hanging on the door so it is the last thing I see on my way out of the house -
Ephesians 4:31-32
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
God Bless all of you for the kind words and support! I thank the Lord every day for ALL He gives.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog, so signed in as anonymous...it's Mom. Sorry about the injury and milk it with the boys (lol). Thinking about you and glad you finally got some child support. I hope to see you soon. Love

9:04 AM  
Blogger Gigi said...

post a picture of the cut...it DOES feel good to do that doesn't it.....get to the healthy part!!

And very sorry for the injury....ignore the Dr's spring chicken remark.....You are as young as you feel!!! Get better quick and get out on the field.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

I hear tearing the achilles tendon is very very painful, you must be one tough gal!!! And yes, post a pic of your hair cut! And who cares how you spend the money, you deserve it!!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Loner said...

first off - the note from your mom - really sweet. And don't ever feel guilty using child support to help pay for your household, that is what it is for. We often don't give ourselves enough credit for how much we spend out of pocket - and then feel guilt over taking care of ourselves. Love the haircut - and you look A LOT like my friend in Indianapolis - funny.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home