Friday, July 21, 2006

Praising God


This morning I am praising God for a hot shower. Running water is something that I never want to take forgranted. I had a ball game last night (we won) and have been emotionally drained and overwhelmed with the heartache of my marriage all week. So at 10:30 last night I hit the shower. Crying, letting the water wash away the stress, I praised God that I live in a country that I have a home, a shower, and hot running water that provides me the opportunity to feel as though I can de-stress even if for only a few minutes until I step gently out of the tub, back into reality.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Hot water is a blessing, indeed. I remember one of our first summers on this farm, when the power was out for five days. Washing one's hair with 55-degree water pumped straight from the ground by a windmill will make one truly grateful for a hot shower.
Hang on, sweetie, and know that I'm only a phone call or email away.

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen. I thank God for water all the time. I just said a prayer of comfort for you.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home