Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Burglar Alert

My sister-in-law gave us 2 boxes of candy canes to put on the Christmas tree on Tuesday night.

This is an actual phone conversation between middle child and I last Wednesday afternoon~

Me~ Hello
Blake~ Mom, someone broke in the house!
M~ WHAT
B~Someone broke in the house and knocked the Christmas tree over
M~ Is anything missing?
B~ I don't know
M~ Go in my room, is the TV in there? Is the computer still there?
B~ Yes
M~ Go in your room, is the TV and Playstation there?
B~ Yes
M~ Go upstairs, is everything in the entertainment center?
B~ Yes
M~ No one broke in the house, the cat probably knocked the tree over
B~ Mom, there is trash from the bathroom all over in the hallway and the candy canes are gone from the tree!

(laughing at this point)
M~ OH MY GOODNESS! The candy cane burglar broke in the house, stole all the candy canes, call the police~
(not amused at my sarcasm)
B~ MOM!!!!! Stop it, it's not funny, someone broke in and stole our candy canes!
M~ I am sorry, you are right, it is not funny, was the dog in the house when you got home?
B~Yes
M~ Does she smell like peppermint?
B~ Whatever mom, I have to go! Bye~

At least now when my dog passes gas, she smells like a candy cane~

Mental note, no candy canes on the tree next year, he he~

4 Comments:

Blogger Loner said...

ha ha ha ha - that is so funny - I would have said the same thing about the dog smelling like peppermint.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

:)
Reminds me of certain long-ago phone calls....
"Aunt Beeeeeeckyyyyyy!"
Even better than candy canes was the old days when we put tinsel on the tree and the dog would eat it...
Hugs to you and all those wonderful boys!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

tooo funny!!!

Wishing...Praying for you and yours a 2007 filled with Him and His blessings....love becky (another one!)

11:48 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

hahahaha - this is too funny!!

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home