Monday, March 27, 2006

On the theory of FAIR!

We had a couple at our church yesterday who were here to candidate for the position of Assistant Pastor. There names are James and Aisling (pronounced Ashling) Solarek. Instead of Sunday school we had time for questions and answers with the young couple. They both attended college at Maranatha and Aisling is from Ireland. Anyway, enough rambling, this young man gave us a sermon at morning service. It is amazing to me how the Lord uses just the right people at just the right time. James started out by talking about how this world is not fair.
How many times have we all said this is not fair, what did I do to deserve this, why am I being punished, and thought about how famous people (who we view as wicked) have it so easy.
His next sentence was "When the world isn't fair, God is still good".
WOW! Talk about a thump on the head.
He based his sermon on Psalm 36: 5-7 pointing out that the Lord is always three things.
Faithful, Righteous, and Loving
5 Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
6 Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast.
7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

Lord, I come to you humbled and needy. I thank You and praise You for all the You have given and blessed us with. I pray that my attention and focus stay upon You. I pray today for the many people who have helped me with encouraging words. Lord, wrap your arms around them and protect them from the deception of the world. Lord, please prepare my heart for what you have for me to do, and I pray that I be attentive and listen for your direction. Lord thank you for this day. In Jesus Holy and Precious name, Amen.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

Been hearing that alot myself....God is good...

10:43 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Thanks for the awesome post! I need that!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home