Thursday, May 11, 2006

How thankful!

Let's review my day.

Got up, got shower, went to basement to change load in washer and dryer, dryer making an awful screeching, grinding sound. Arrghh... so take clothes out, hang on hangers in basement (rain in forecast). Great.....now have to change belt on dryer.
Come to work... very busy... go to bank to get car put into my name...no dice from the bank...discouraged.. on the way back to work, I visualized myself looking to God, as a little child looks to parents with that tear in my eye, and an attempt at a smile, as to say, I need some encouraging here. Feeling him lift my chin, and comfort. Ok... so back to work..now an extreme chaos in the afternoon.... go home.... Ah.. home.... mother-in-law calls..answer.. to hear husband on the other end...asking me to take his brand new clothes to his moms...say no.. I am taking them back (I bought them) and getting my money back... to which he replies....F****** B****... about 10 times... tells me that he does not want me to use HIS name anymore and to file for divorce. HA HA... what a joke right. That bugs me as I have not called him names and have not bad mouthed him through our entire marriage.... so I again...raise my sad little face to God, he lifts my chin and comforts again. I play catch with Tyler for a bit, and then in the house to the dryer.
So, now let me tell you about my dad. My dad, he taught me that even though I am a girl, there is nothing that I can't fix with my own two hands and the right tools. So I get the tools and dig in. And praise that Lord for the dad I have. My dryer belt not broken, so I dig further to discover that half a pencil made it's way into the vent of the dryer and was grinding on the fan blade. Praise the Lord, one less bill. Yeah. So hat's off to my dad, who encouraged me to be a tom-boy, let me hang on his heels growing up and taught me not to not fear any machine. And hat's off to my Father who is Faithful, and Loving Always.

2 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Love you, sweetie! You are my hero.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Loner said...

You are handling this with grace that is only possible when holding the Hand of God as you walk. Well done.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home