Friday, May 26, 2006

Overwhelmed with emotion

Mourn and be comforted.....

Grief is a partner to sin for the poor in spirit.
Mourning flushes out pride.
Roots of conceit are plucked out and the heart is softened.
Mourning gives room for comfort. Those who never sorrow will never know the joy of comfort that the Holy Spirit brings.
Our points of grief over sins and failures are blessed because they are the point of contact with the Divine Comforter.

Matthew 5:3-6
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

As I mourn, I am comforted by Him. He holds every tear and bears every burden, I have to give them to Him ..... and let them go. I am quick to cry lately as God softens my heart to the storm I am in. I do not want to hate him (husband), I just want to live a life glorifing to God, is that so much to ask from my husband?

3 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

The very sad and hard thing is that we can only ask it for ourselves.......praying

10:16 AM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

I'm praying too. Thanks for the comment you left me. There is a lot of truth to what you say both here and on the comment.
With you on the journey,
Barbara

2:19 PM  
Blogger Chosen said...

I understand your desire. We can only chnage ourselves--working on the gutting of that which is in us that needs to go. There comes a point when you have to give him over to G-d knowing that he is able to do what needs to be done. Your storm is designed to bring you closer to the father and later on help someone else.

Praying for you.
Chosen.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home