Thursday, June 29, 2006

After thought ....passion


I think I need to rephrase ~ I feel old at 30! There I said it. 30 is most definately NOT old, but I feel old. Life lessons and such, I just feel old. Just in the past 13 years I have overcome more than most people will endure in a life time, and I am tired.
One of my favorite verses in the bible is :
Matthew 11: 28-30
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

And this was my thoughts on the way to work today.
Passion
Sometimes the fire seems dim, we are exhausted, tired and just plain out of energy. We want to rest. Thank the Lord that Jesus had Passion ~ true unconditional passion. He never lost it NEVER. He knew what had to be done, and carried it out with ferverent passion to His death. What an inspiring role model. Beaten, bloody, abused, harassed, bludgened, and yet still passionate about His mission.
How often do we lose our passion, or just ask to take a break from it because our lives are too busy (with the things of the world). I do it all the time. Just wanting life to slow down, not realizing that Christ first makes all the sense. It is hard to take the steps to put it into action, and yet makes all the sense in the world.
So thoughts???, comments???? Am I crazy???

4 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

YOU are soooo not crazy......

9:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crazy? NO! This is profound. I'd love to hear more of your story sometime - how did you find Christ (or did he find you like he did me?)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Loner said...

I ahve a video about Rich Mullins -where he talks about how God is obsessed with us - how He loves us so passionately - with reckless raging fury that would put Niagra to shame - and it doesn't make sense to us. The longer I try to become His, the more things I chalk up to not fully understanding. Soemtimes it feels like what He thinks I can handle - and what I think really don't jive, and I want to slow down - but He is always right.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

You are loved, we are not disappointed, and I am not old enough yet for you to be 31!
I am very, very proud of you and the strong woman you have become. I feel unworthy!

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home