Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Breathe

Ok, prompted by Barbie, I realize how much time slips by in between my updates.


Here is a brief update and asking for HUGE prayer.


The divorce. Papers were filed on February 14th. That's right, happy heart day to me :(

Husband has gotten the papers and is angry, I have not actually spoken to him, but his wonderful mother can not help herself but to call and communicate his feelings.


I am packing the house and will be moving. Not sure yet, but definitely moving. Staying in the same town, just new place and new start.


Working 50-60 hours a week. We are crazy, busy. OK, go ahead say it, I am just crazy sometimes, I can't disagree. lol


And most important, my best friend, Nancy, has been diagnosed with a very rare cancer. My son Blake and her son Danny have been best friends since we moved to our home town, and are inseparable. Her other son Travis, age 9, is at my house all the time too, as he loves to come and hang with me. He likes to cook so I let him come over and help me out. Nancy and I started being friends because of the kids and have so much in common. We started requesting the boys be on the same teams for sports and car pooled to games and practices. She is a gem. All the kids love her, and she has touched so many lives in her very short 34 years. She has two other children who are 19 and 17 as well. So I am organizing a benefit dinner to raise money to help her with medical bills, household bills, and all of her needs. My heart just aches and I have yet to get a grasp on why. Not for me to question and yet, I just want to know~ The doctors told her yesterday that they do not know what else to do and her time is short. I can not even imagine the conversation that is going to be had with the kids.
So there are the updates of my plate.... fairly full.
Below is a photo of the dynamic duo of Danny and Blake from football in 2004. Seems like just yesterday.

Prayer are needed and appreciated.

3 Comments:

Blogger Loner said...

Prayers sent for you...I'm so sad for you :(

10:40 AM  
Blogger Just a girl.... said...

It sounds like you have an up and down life right now. My prayers are with you during this transition in your life. But you're strong, girl, and God will see you through. My prayers also lie with your friend and her family. Blessings to you!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

You've got my prayers. Yes...breathe. God wants you to take your space... I know divorce is ugly but it has been permitted in your life. Take comfort in God's grace and in His restoration of your life.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home