Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Appreciate Beauty

This is the view from my front porch. The little barn belongs to the church across the street, as does the parking lot. Just beyond the trees is an elementary school playground. This was one of the selling points to this house, the boys have the use of the parking lot to play all those great "boy" games. We are in town, and yet the trees give it that kind of country feel. I love to sit on my front porch swing and listen to the leaves on the trees, blowing in the wind. Over the past year, I have tried to stop and smell the flowers as often as I can. It snowed last night, so I am using this picture to smell the flowers. I occasionally like the snow, and yet I am constantly questioning why I choose to move closer to Lake Michigan and right into the direct path of the "lake effect snow belt" as they (weather people) love to call it.
Have a great day, and choose to feel blessed and not depressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home