Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Feeling blessed


Here is the final product of the black and white photo. I wish that all of my pictures were black and white. They are so simple and elegant. If I had a choice of profession, I would be a photographer and specialize in black and whites.
I talked to Jeff, my husband Bill's best friend last night. He is so funny and has been such a source for support since Bill has been gone. He makes me laugh and always give good household fixing advice just when I need it. I look at this world much as a guy does, so I have always related to men better than I do to women. Jeff is a very nice guy and is so much like me, we always laugh and carry on through the entire visit.
I spoke with Bill last night also. He is very Bill. Which is to say that he is no longer optimistic about coming home. He was certain he was coming home on Dec. 22nd and when that didn't happen he was sure that he was coming home Jan. 5th. Now he is saying - I'll see you when I see you. He knows that he will come home when the Lord is ready, he is just having jailhouse ups and downs. I can't wait for him to come home. I might actually get a full nights sleep. I have never been able to sleep with him not in bed with me. So this has been a very long 10 months. Enough about that.
I am feeling very blessed today. I have so many comforts. I have a husband who is healthy. Charity, our niece, is married and her husband is fighting cancer. He is not physically feeling well, and yet he seems to be spiritually strong when we see him. His cancer has metastized and is spreading very rapidly. My heart breaks for them, as they have been married a mere 1 1/2 years. Please keep them in your prayers and let them be a reminder of all that we have to be thankful for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home