Friday, January 20, 2006

Home Again, although bittersweet


This picture represents us blowing out our individual candles after lighting our unity candle. What an awesome commitment. I will never say that I regret it. I made a vow to the man that I love in front of and to God. I will stand by that vow until I die.
Judge's decision - He sentenced Bill to 2 years of work release to be carried out in Indianapolis. He will actually serve one year there and then have completed all sentencing requirements by the judge. The judge granted him permission to come home for 1 week before reporting to Indianapolis. I have so many feelings right now, blessed to have one more week with my husband is at the top of the list. As I have explained to the people who ask how I do it - I would rather have one week with him than to have to go another year with out. I will give thanks for the blessings that have been given to us. The emotions ran high in the house as we didn't let each other out of the others sights all night. I didn't sleep and I am sure that I can say the same for him. I see the concrete feet of Christ in Bill. He talks to God all day. And by that I mean out loud, talks to God. I kept saying excuse me, what did you say. His reply was "talking to God", "thanking the Lord".
I have so much to say and yet can not put it into words. Praise the Lord for His love and His grace.

4 Comments:

Blogger Loner said...

Is it a long way for you all to get to Indy? It sounds like it is not fantastic - but much better than having him sequestered away in jail. So glad you have your husband home.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Loner,
Indy is about 3 hours from us. Sad face. Thank you for praying.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Well, you certainly know the way to Indy! Glad to hear it wasn't worse. Enjoy this coming week! When does he have to report?

6:27 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Hey, you've been tagged! Come see the blog to find out.
;~D

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home