Saturday, March 17, 2007

Thoughts for the day

I have had a very busy last month.
Today I have reflected, reviewed, and remember the years of the past. Friday is one year since Bill left, by my choice. Next Saturday would be our anniversary and the following Monday is Bill's birthday. Very emotional for me to reflect on and look ahead to.

One year ago

One year ago today, I was fighting.
Fighting ~ for my marriage
Fighting ~ for him to do the right thing
Fighting ~ to be safe
Fighting ~ to save my life
Fighting ~ for my boys to not see the truth of his actions
One year ago today, I was praying
Praying for the Lord to help him see
Praying for the Lord to keep us safe
Praying to the Lord to break him
Praying to the Lord to make him want us
Praying for the Lord to give me strength
One year ago on Friday, I was fighting
Fighting for him to leave
Fighting to keep my house as mine
Fighting for my boys to see His light
One year ago on Friday, the Lord set me free
Free from his drug addiction
Free from his control
Free from his abuse
Free to love my children
Free to have an unconditional relationship with my Lord~

I had a great conversation with my sister-in-law today, she is such and inspiring Christian woman. My heart tells me to do certain things and she sets me on the different, right path and makes me see outside the box of how Bill will perceive my actions. I am so thankful to the Lord for bringing her into our lives.
Jen left me with this verse today

Matthew 7:6
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

She is wise beyond imagination. Knowing that Bill doesn't know ME, the washed in the blood, saved by His grace, me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

I should do this too...I am not thankful enough of where I was at a year ago and where I am now...God is sooooo good, is He not?

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home