Monday, April 10, 2006

Comforter

What do you call your God today?

I saw this on another blog and it made me think.

King of Kings, Prince of Peace, Comforter, Wonderful Counselor, The Way The Truth and The Life, I AM, Advocate, Living Water, Bread of Life, Savior, Redeemer, The Cornerstone, High Priest, Good Shepherd, Immanual (God with us), Lion of the tribe of Judah, The Light of the World, Healer and Father.

We want Him to be all of these things at the drop of a hat, and He is. He fulfills His promise. I think we forget that for Him to be all these things, there HAS to be trials and tribulation. He is a Savior because we are sinners, He is a healer because we are ill or wounded, He is the Good Shepherd because we are lost, He is a Father because He loves and creates, and He is Comforter because we are out of our comfort zone. And I thank Him for it. How else would I grow and become close to Him by being content with the things of this world. I would have never come to know Him without trials and tribulations. Thank Him today for what He is to you, and thank Him for being Faithful to every promise given.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

Jesus...Lover of my soul.....

2:51 PM  
Blogger Just a girl.... said...

Good post.....

3:26 PM  
Blogger Diane Viere said...

Wonderful post! Beautifully done...and wisely written!

Diane

6:00 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I liked how you started this post off. Hmmm, what do I call Jesus?

My boyfriend.
My bestfriend.
My main man.
My HERO!!!!!

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home