Monday, January 30, 2006

Washed Clean by the blood of Christ!


We as a couple professed our salvation in front of our congregation! We were baptized yesterday morning by Pastor Stout, and it feels wonderful, refreshing, and humbling all at the same time. I was very nervous, so nervous that I asked the Pastor if anyone had ever thrown up in the baptizmal. While we were waiting, Mike and Cheryl Simmons were in the room with us, Cheryl hugged me and told me not to focus on the congregation, rather, turn my focus to Christ. Her kind and wise words settled me right down. I walked into the water ( which was a little chilly) following my husband and saw the congregation. YIKES. Then I saw Katie, Travis, Betsy, Jen, Mike, the boys and the very familar faces of Pat and Stephanie from my Sunday school class, sitting watching and calm returned as I put Jesus back into perspective. I can not put into words how it felt to be baptized. Bill and I stepped out of the baptizmal and into the changing room and we both hugged and cried. I really can not put it into words. Passionate, overwhelming, humbling, renewed, and alive. These are just to name a few and yet they just don't seem to hit the nail on the head. It was awesome. So I posted this picture of us again, to remind everyone that we are one, in all we do. Our walk with Christ is as one. We will be renewing our wedding vows, we just do not know when. Please keep us in prayer as we just professed our walk with Christ and Satan will be hard on our heels. Only with Christ can we defeat Satan. Pray that we keep Him as our focus. Thank you to all who check this site and have prayed for us. Your prayers have not gone unfelt. Praise the Lord for His Word, His Love, and His Grace.

1 Comments:

Blogger phoenix_anew said...

Congratulations! You will be in my prayers! :)

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home