Tuesday, February 28, 2006

At Peace

I have had an enlightening by the Lord. It has not come as a surprise, but a gentle reminder that there is peace in forgiveness. There is peace in letting go, and not holding grudges.

About 4 years ago, Bill and I had been married almost one year, we had both been turning to other people (of the opposite sex) instead of each other for comfort and companionship, and were on a fast track to separation. While neither of us physically committed adultery, emotionally and mentally we did. Dalton was the ring bearer at a wedding of a couple who both worked with me at Lowe's and the grooms mother was Dalton's daycare provider. While at the church waiting for pictures to start before the wedding, I walked past a shelving unit with many books on it. The book "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian was on that stand. I picked it up and read chapter after chapter in tears that afternoon. I was on chapter 4 by the time the wedding was over, and had asked the grooms mother if I could take it with me. That book, changed my outlook on marriage. I was not saved when I read it the first time and had purchased the book and "The Power of a Praying Husband" and given them both to the couple that got married that day. I repurchased the set last night. And I was just as captivated by the first pages this time as I was the last time I read the book.
If you are married, READ THIS BOOK. It has enlightened me about how to keep things in perspective.
God is awesome! He loves me and you! Not for who you can be or who you are going to be, He loves you for who you are. How awesome is love.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle said...

Thank you for sharing so honestly. Emotional affairs can be just as devestating as physical ones. It's nice to know God's got His arms wrapped around us!

8:05 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

C S Lewis from Shadowlands: I pray because I am helpless, I pray because....I pray because the need flows out of me all the time, waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God. I changes me.

You just spoke volumes to me in showing me the whole truth of that. He changes us and for that we can be really grateful...annoyed sometimes at the pain of the process but grateful....THanks for your blog.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home