Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day


I think that the phrase I LOVE YOU is used without regard for the true meaning.
It seems the world view on this is, we should be able to say it and not show that we mean it. Where would we be without John 3:16 ?

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

So if this is how our Father calls us to be, why do we live in a world full of hate and judging? Is it because our culture has learned that when you love so freely you open the door to hurt? I would rather love and hurt than to never have experienced true love. Bill and I had this conversation last night. God did not call me to love and then stand there and expect love in return. He calls me to love unconditionally. I am a selfish, prideful sinner. Lord forgive me for my short comings, teach me Lord, as Jeremiah 33:3 says
3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
Amen
Happy Valentine's to all, I pray you all have someone that gives the love back that we so freely give. Give all the kids you know a great big kiss and hug, for they are the future generation of love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home