Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Simple pleasures



It is a shame when our children have a picture taken and they seem to be contemplating life. This is Dalton and what a Dalton he is. He was upset with his father and I last night, and decided that he was moving out. He took a box that we had gotten at Aldi's while grocery shopping, went to his dresser and filled the box with clothes (and the tokens that were left over from Chuckee Cheese's). He came into the living room and stated that since he didn't fit into our family he was leaving. I told him that was fine, I just wanted him to answer one question before he went. I asked him what made him think that he did not fit into our family. He sat on the couch next to Bill and said that since we would not play games with him, he did not fit in. I almost fell off the chair laughing. Bill let him stay home from school yesterday and spent the day with him playing Clue, Guess Who, Connect Four and Candyland. We just didn't want to play last night. I am not sure when this universe started revolving around Dalton, but I am upset with the person who informed him that it did. It did however supply Bill and I with a great laugh. He is such a handful. I love him and I love the Lord for providing us the opportunity and trust to raise our children.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

Hee hee hee!
But I didn't get a phone call: "Aunt Beeeckyyyyy! Mom and Dad won't play with me!"
;~D
Check Sunnybookyarns later for another runaway story.
Hugs!

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home