Monday, February 13, 2006

Conviction

One of the things that I love about our church, is our Pastor and his love for God. He is so bold, and not afraid to step on toes. Which leads to conviction. The message:

2 Chronicles 32: 1-23.... summarized
7 Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him:
8 With him is an arm of flesh; but with us is the LORD our God to help us, and to fight our battles. And the people rested themselves upon the words of Hezekiah king of Judah.

I am always amazed by people of the Old Testament, I am in awe of the fact that they did not have His written word and yet they had way more faith than I do. They did not have Jesus, t hey had merely heard of His coming, and they believed. I am ashamed to say I am selfish, controlling, and scared. I am thankful to the Lord that I am washed white as snow by His blood.
Now back to the message: Hezekiah's courage comes from the knowledge of 2 truths
1. Flesh is feeble, God is great.
2. Fear fights its own battles, courage allows God to fight for you.
Find peace in courage. What a smack in the face, as I sat in my comfy chair. Why do I carry the burden, when Jesus pleads for me to come to Him and find rest.

Matthew 11:28-30
28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.


Why do we struggle with this?

1 Comments:

Blogger Loner said...

I think sometiems we assume that once we are dedicated Christians we will stop struggling with our internal demons - and it doesn't work that way - once we believe, we are a much more valuable prize for Satan and he chases after us to make us fall. That and a bit of human nature thrown in - " in this world you will have trouble, but I will be your Peace, that where I am there you may also be.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home