Thursday, February 02, 2006

Food for thought


Leviticus 26
1Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

There is ONE God. I will probably make some people angry by saying this, and yet I feel compelled. Why do people worship Mary? Is the bible not clear? Am I missing something? I worship God, and His Son, Jesus. Don't get me wrong, I understand Mary's importance in the bible, yet she should not be a focal point of worship. I want to challenge anyone to show me scripture to support the fact that we should worship Mary. Put her on the front of churches and worship an idol. Have we forgotten who the Great I AM is? Just questioning, as I am a baby Christian, I am still learning every day. But this is one that I do not understand and have looked into, and yet I still don't see the sense.
If anyone knows, please help me to get this straight.

On the home front, all is well. We attended bible study last night and the boys attended Awana's. What a wonderful program for them. I am so thankful for our church, our Pastor, all the church workers, Awana leaders and the missionaries who spread God's truth. I am overwhelmed with Love today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Loner said...

I am answering this on my blog because my note was WAY too long.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Just a girl.... said...

Worshipping Mary is mainly a Catholic thing. When I grew up Catholic, I remember it never sitting well with me that there was a statue of Mary that we prayed to, or even a statue of Jesus that we genuflected (knelt and made the sign of the cross) to. It was like worshipping false idols, statues, when our Lord made it very clear His rules on that with his 10 commandments. This doesn't answer your question, I don't have an answer for why some faiths do this. But I just wanted you to know that you weren't alone in your views of nonsense on this.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home