Thursday, February 16, 2006

It is off to Lansing!

Blake playing basketball last fall.
Thank you to all of those who have emailed and left comments in regards to my last blog. My mood today is somber and in deep thought. Bill and I dropped the kids off last night for Awana's and spent the night talking in the parking lot of the church. It boils down to - can I let the hurt go. Not even let the hurt go, but not let the hurt of the past haunt my feelings for our marriage. I have spent the last couple of weeks worrying about an addiction and not enjoying my life. Bill and I can not survive that, and I don't know that I can stop looking for the hurt to blind side me now. So, keep me in prayer.
When we returned home last night from church, there was a message from a woman who stated that she was the coach in charge of the floor hockey team that will be traveling to Lansing for a tournament. Blake went crazy with excitement. Ok, now let me explain. In Buchanan, the kids play floor hockey in the winter. It is kinda like regular hockey only they play in the high school gym with regular shoes and the puck is a hard plastic. Anyway, the kids have a regular season and then tournaments for the championship. In addition, they select a few kids to form a team to travel to either Battle Creek or Lansing (this year). They also normally select a team for Canada. I have not heard anything about a Canada tournament. Anyway, back to the excitement. Blake was selected for the Lansing team. YEAH! He did not get picked last year as it was his first year playing. So mid March we will be leaving Friday morning and going to Lansing for a fun filled weekend of floor hockey. I am not yet sure how I will swing this financially, but Blake is a straight A student and plays almost every sport there is, he has earned this and I will find a way to pull this off for him.

1 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

I am holding you all in my heart. Keep strong.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home