Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Distractions?


During Sunday school we talked about distractions. When have you been distracted from a task or goal? My answer....... all the time. I often find myself taking my focus off the Lord. The things of this world are so overwhelming without Him. I know this and yet I fall short every day. The wonderful outcome is He still loves me when I fall on my face. God will never fail me, He is constant and unchanging. He is the same God today that He was 2000 years ago. How awesome is that. So, I have done some discovering of who I am and what I believe. I hope to post the things that I believe to be true as we go along starting today.
Truth #1
God created everything. Genesis 1:1 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
I feel that to be pretty self explainitory.
Truth #2
God's word is true.
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Ah, distractions. I used to be so distracted until I started taking Strattera. Wow, I can really think, it is a great feeling. My focus on God is not what it should be, but I keep trying everyday. Everyday is a gift. Truly a gift. Thanks for your post, and thank you for being you.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

DISTRACTIONS....my husband calls them 'monkeys in trees'...you know how loud they are and obtrusive....you sit down or set out to do something and they just start screeching....
taking the time to quiet them, acknowledging them is helping him....
Me I don't think I know just how often I AM distracted, because I am THAT distracted!!!

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home