Friday, February 17, 2006

Praise the Lord

Yesterday was a big day! Bill went to court and the judge said that he did not have to go to Indy, rather he changed the sentence to two years of home detention. Talk about relief. He gets to stay home with us, he can have a job, and the cost is half of what the cost would have been for him to be on the work release program in Indy.

Now I have to learn to let the past go and quit waiting for the next disappointment. One of the blogs that I check daily is http://tickneen.blogspot.com/ , which is also titled "Just another day for an addict". Today he wrote this.

You cannot grow in your faith and be reborn in Christ if you do not accept that the old self has died.

It struck like a knife. I have been giving the old Bill (who has died) CPR for the past month and bringing him back to life. ME, I have done that. I have to let it go, and give it to God and just enjoy the fact that I can be free of it. So today is a new day, and I will approach it with a new attitude. LOVE. God is good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gigi said...

There is much out there today about just that....I hope that means God is doing something really cool with all of us wanting so badly to die to self....wanting to and falling just short of it time after time...Isn't it a minute by minute, daily at the least choice.....He is a good God though while we figure it out....

3:46 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

I am so touched you found my post helpful. It was like that for me too when I heard it on the radio. I was like, aha, that's what going on.... I keep reverting back to old thoughts and behaviors. I cannot if I want to be close with God. Good luck to you and may God light your way.

1:11 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

You are brave and courageous. We all have things we need to lift to God and trust in Him but your story is especially touching to me. Keep the faith and remember God is here and these tough times are how He binds us to Him. Enjoy the refreshment and promise God offers and have a blessed week.

1:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOD IS GOOD!!

I just finished my book about addiction and trusting God. Thanks for your kind words on my 4 years clean post!

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home